Post Surgical Rehabilitation
Post Surgical Rehabilitation (PSR) is the use of a combination of specialized treatment techniques to enhance the healing process after surgery.
Surgery is a traumatic experience, both mentally and physically, and patients want to bring their bodies back to full normal function as soon as possible. PSR helps our patients to recover faster and become stronger after surgery.
Physical therapy is important in regaining full function after surgery. The recovery process will be optimized by a programme of remedial exercises to supplement the clinic treatment provided. We help our patients ensure that they do their exercises and, most importantly, do them correctly. Only proper practice makes perfect!
The Benefits of PSR include:
- Shortened recovery time and wound healing
- Reduction of swelling and keloid formation
- Reduction and healing of scar tissue and adhesions
- Restored mobility with normalized soft tissue & musculoskeletal function
- Proper posture and improved body mechanics for daily activities
- Positive emotional outcomes
Conditions that benefit from PSR include:
Ph: 0419 813 873
Our Therapies include:
- DVT (Deep vein thrombosis)
- Scar healing and repair
- ACL reconstructions
- Rotator cuff repairs
- Total joint replacements (shoulder, knee, hip)
- Carpal tunnel release
- Tennis elbow release
- Spinal laminectomy or fusion
- Achilles tendon repairs
- Quad and patella tendon repairs