Homotoxicology was founded in 1952 by Dr. Hans-Heinrich Reckeweg. He started with the principles of classical Homoeopathy as developed by Hahnemann, and integrated them with the new discoveries in biochemistry and embryology that had been made by the 1940’s.
The medications, which he formulated, are derived from:
- the enzyme systems of the body
- allopathic medicines
- extensive nosode preparations and
- the more traditional homoeopathic remedies.
Homoeopathy is a method of medical treatment designed to stimulate the body’s own healing processes in order to cure illnesses. It is based upon the discovery that a substance in small doses may alleviate symptoms similar to those it causes at higher doses. The phrase “likes are cured by likes” is often used to describe a basic concept behind homoeopathy.
Thus, the two cornerstones of homoeopathy are that “likes are cured by likes,” and that the remedies are properly diluted to eliminate or minimize their toxic effects.
Homotoxicology is a sophisticated modern form of homoeopathy that is a bridge between orthodox medicine, which has a focus on tissue integrity, and homoeopathy which has a focus on the systemic effects of imbalance within the person.
Homotoxicology is the most prescribed form of natural medicine In Germany. There it has been used for over 50 years and is practised by conventional doctors and natural therapists alike. In Germany, 80% of orthodox doctors prescribe homoeopathic or antihomotoxic preparations for their patients. The efficacy and safety of homotoxicology is supported by close to 100 clinical trials. (Scientific trials on one product, Traumeel, have shown it to be as effective as a COX 2 inhibitor, without the potential side effects of gastric bleeding.)
Homotoxicology provides health care solutions which may be used alone or used to complement orthodox treatment without drug interactions.
How are diseases caused?
In homotoxicology, diseases are considered to be ultimately caused by toxins, whether toxic chemicals, bacterial exotoxins, biological endotoxins, post-traumatic cellular debris and also byproducts of the bodies metabolic processes. Dr Reckeweg defined homotoxins as substances that are harmful to the human body.
Disease symptoms are said to be the result of the defensive effort of body to eliminate the toxins, and should not necessarily be suppressed. In minor, self-limiting disorders, the body does this unaided. In more serious situations, treatment is needed. If the treatment used eliminates the homotoxins, then real healing results. If the treatment suppresses the omotoxins, however, (antibiotics, steroids; most drugs) then they go deeper into the tissues and manifest after a latent period as a more destructive disease, and may lead to chronic degenerative disease.
How do Homotoxicological products work?
Homotoxicological products are designed to work with the body’s defence mechanisms and facilitate the body’s elimination of toxic substances and to stimulate the body’s inherent capacity to heal itself. They do not suppress symptoms.
Homotoxicolocy is used to treat a wide range of chronic and acute health conditions including:
- Pain and inflammatory conditions including rheumatoid arthritis, fibromyalgia, bursitis, acute sprain, sports injuries and headaches.
- Obesity, adrenal exhaustion, anaemia, chronic fatigue syndrome.
- Skin ageing, cellulite, and spider veins.
- Gastrointestinal and hepatic disorders, including heartburn, nausea, diarrhoea, and constipation.
- Psychological issues, e.g. stress, anxiety, depression, insomnia.
- Female and male hormonal anomalies, including menopausal symptoms, PMS, fibroids, endometriosis and fertility issues.
- Immune system and allergy disorders including viral and bacterial infections, bronchitis, allergies, asthma, sinusitis, and chronic candidiasis,
- Skin disorders including acne, psoriasis, and eczema.
- Paediatric Illnesses and ADD/ADHD
- Autoimmune diseases including lupus, multiple sclerosis and rheumatoid arthritis,
- Endocrine disorders including hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism, and diabetes.
- It is also an effective and safe complementary cancer treatment postoperatively, promoting immune defence and detoxification mechanisms and counteracting the side effects of radiation and chemotherapy.
Ph: 0419 813 873
Our Services Include:
Homotoxicological products come in tablets, liquid vials, oral drops, creams, gels and injection solutions.
Homotoxicological remedies and preparations usually have practically no side effects and may easily be combined with other medications when required. This is important for chronically ill patients who, due to their various ailments, are frequently required to take several medications at the same time.